Further Research From My Stakeholders And Target Consumers

After I got the feedback from my tutor Diana during the Intervention Showcase, I went to the Playground of CSM, Dover Street Market, Harrods, and Selfridges to look for my target consumers to ask them questions.

The feedback of my consumers thought they like to know the information and background of the brand before they buy products, they prefer to shop the products featured by the photos and videos in addition to texts. Most of consumers would like to look for the visual content not just only follow by the websites and social medias, they also hope to touch and smell them in their shopping experience.

I also attended London Graduate Fashion Week to see those students graduated from fashion design this year. I saw the different types of visual display to show their fashion works. I interviewed two Chinese students who graduated BA Fashion Womenswear this year to ask them how do they plan to sale their products in the future. Which ways they think could build a good communication between designers and customers. One of them called Huiyue Li said that she plan to sale her products by online websites and buyer shops in the future. She thinks that fashion catwalk show is a good real experience for designers to communicate ideas, but it usually for the media, buyers, and bloggers in the fashion industry, it is difficult to invite a big number of customers to experience that. So she claims that a big fashion events would not suitable to build communication with customers to promote products. She said that an artifact will be a good and easier way to develop and express fashion concepts to customers.

After the interview with my target consumers and stakeholders, I did some online research to find the data regarding to the fashion consumption of the young consumers in China.

According to the Report of CNB Data, the fashion consumption of Chinese young consumers has been rising constantly, especially those young women aged between 21 and 30, meanwhile, the street snap of celebrities and fashion bloggers has been widely pursued and imitated by the great majority of young women. Due to the unaffordability of highly priced luxury brands used by celebrities for ordinary women, cheap copies of fake products sold online have turned into hot sales. Such a phenomenon has not only impact the benefit of international luxury brands, but also influenced original fashion designers in China to create higher profits.

Among top 8 scenes and styles concerned by users of 2015 iFashion, “How to wear good fashion looks” was ranking the first, showing that most of the Chinese women don’t have their own understanding of fashion concept, but eager to study and explore. Meanwhile, data of iFashion platform have also shown that many Chinese young ladies during the recent years have attempted to pursue the unique personalities of original designer brands, aiming at demonstrating their personal styles based on their looks. In my opinion, Chinese local fashion designers are in great demand of looking for the creative form of transmission to convey their own design inspiration, ideas, stories and brand cultures to the targeted consumers.